GET A FREE QUOTE

CONTACT US

VISIT OUR OFFICE

(866) 460-4960

213 GUILBEAU ROAD

LAFAYETTE, LA 70506

MEDICARE

WHAT IS MEDICARE?

Medicare is healthcare for the following:

  • People 65 or older

  • People under 65 with certain disabilities

  • People of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) or permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant

THE DIFFERENT PARTS

OF MEDICARE

Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)

Helps cover inpatient care in hospitals

Helps cover skilled nursing facility, hospice, and home health

You are responsible for $1364 deductible for each benefit period (1-60 days) you stay in the hospital

Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)

Helps cover doctors and other health care providers services, hospital outpatient care, durable medical equipment, home health care and emergency room visits

Helps cover many preventive services to help maintain your health and to keep certain illnesses from getting worse

Part B pays 80% of these charges, leaving you to pay 20%

Medicare Part C or Medicare Advantage

Includes all benefits and services covered under Part A and Part B

Run by Medicare-approved private insurance companies

Usually includes Medicare Drug Coverage program (Part D) as part of the plan

May include extra benefits and services for an extra cost

Medicare Part D 

(Prescription Drug Coverage)

Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs

Run by Medicare-approved private insurance companies